- Cookies are small text files, with ID tags that are stored on your device (computer / mobile / tablet) when visiting certain websites. Cookies keep track of your movements on the site to track whats in your shopping basket and provide functions to improve your shopping experience.
- To order products on our website you need cookies enabled. Internet cookies are common and will not cause any harm to your device. No personally identifiable information is stored within cookies; therefore we recommend you leave these switched on.
- Online ordering: Essential during online transactions, for example to remember what products you have put in your shopping basket as you navigate to different sections on the website. These cookies are strictly necessary for the operation of our website.
What Types of Cookies do we Use
- Session ID Cookies: Session cookies are created temporarily in your browsers subfolder while you are visiting our website. They allow the site to remember content from page to page, for example the shopping basket. This cookie expires when you leave the site or close the browser.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookie files remain in your browsers subfolder and are activated again once you visit the website that created that particular cookie.
- A persistent cookie remains in the browsers subfolder for the duration period set within the cookies file. They have a defined TTL or Time To Live and will expire after this time. To find out more about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Accepting and Deleting Cookies
- To order products on www.simplysafes.co.uk you need to have your cookies enabled. If you decline cookies you may lose some of the beneficial website functions of cookies. If you experience problems ordering due to cookies being turned off on your device please call to place an order on 0800 026 2677. To check if cookies are enabled on your device, please follow the steps below. Alternatively, view your browsers help pages or information on how to manage cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Click on Tools and then Internet Options
Select Privacy tab to view your settings
Move the slider to your preferred settings
Click on Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options
Select Privacy option
Check Accept Cookies from sites to enable cookies, uncheck to disable cookies.
Select Content Settings within Privacy
Select your own preferred settings;
Safari for Mac
Click on Safari, then select Preferences
Click Privacy to view Cookie preferences (Note: Safari blocks third-party cookies by default)
From the Home screen choose Settings > Safari
Under Privacy Select Accept Cookies to view if cookies are enabled
Open Browser>Menu>Setting>Privacy and Security