Terms & Conditions
The Simply Safes website is managed by:
Safe & Vault Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, whose registered and trading office is at:
A1-A3 Wyther Drive, Kirkstall, Leeds LS5 3AR.
Our company registration number is 8835818 and our VAT registration number is 179 8577 30.
USING THIS WEBSITE INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU CHOOSE TO REGISTER WITH US OR ORDER FROM US. BY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE AND/OR PLACING AN ORDER, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- You will be able to access most areas of this website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of this website are only open to you if you register.
- We reserve the right to revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this page. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not use this website. You should check this website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions, because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website. If you do not wish to accept any new terms and conditions after we have given notice, you should not continue to use this website.
Ordering from Us
- You are deemed to place an order with us by ordering via our online checkout process. As part of our checkout process you will be given the opportunity to check your order and to correct any errors. We will send you an order acknowledgement, detailing the products you have ordered.
- Our acceptance of an order takes place when we despatch the order. We will send you a despatch confirmation by email. When we despatch the order the purchase contract will be made even if your payment has been processed immediately, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order.
- We may refuse to accept an order:
- where goods are not available;
- where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment;
- if there has been a pricing or product description error; or
- if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions.
- All items must be opened and checked for damages or missing items upon arrival. Any damages or discrepancies must be informed to us within 24 hours so that we can process a claim with the courier company. To comply with our couriers regulations all packaging must be kept and the item must not be moved to a different address. Failure to comply with the aforementioned will invalidate a damage claim. You may be required to provide digital images to allow us to claim.
- Simply Safes will deliver your order by a variety of couriers and if several items are ordered may arrive using different couriers.
- Our free delivery service is Monday to Friday during the hours 9am to 6pm, delivery to a ground floor location or an upper floor location with access via a lift. Please note additional charges may apply where the delivery route includes stairs or parking restrictions apply.
- Expected delivery dates are shown on our website and are shown only as a guide. Simply Safes cannot be held liable for any loss of business, income, losses, cost, damages, charges or expenses that may result from later delivery.
- Simply Safes require a signature to accept delivery and this signature will be used as a proof that delivery was accepted. Any damage or missing items must be advised within 24 hours of delivery to us on our sales number. We are unable to process any claims after this period has elapsed.
- Should an aborted delivery of your order occur additional charges will apply and must be paid before delivery / installation is attempted again. The additional delivery and or installation charges will be advised to you in the event that this occurs.
- All products are subject to availability and our website subsequently may not be fully accurate at all times.
- If you place an order for an item which is not available we will endeavour to contact you within 48 hours to your email address.
- Items you purchase from our website will require installation according to the manufacturers instructions in order to the meet the manufacturers specifications or recommended cash rating. Unless stated our prices exclude installation and it is wholly the buyers responsibility to ensure the product is installed correctly.
- Safes purchased from Simply Safes may be very heavy, in this respect it is wholly the buyers responsibility to ensure that any floor loading restrictions are adhered to. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage as a result of floor loading limited being exceeded.
- Where Simply Safes offers an installation service this will be arranged with a qualified installer. Simply Safes can not be held responsible for any loss, damage or expenses incurred as a result of or during product installation.
- Where customers have skirting board this must be removed prior to installation to ensure an aborted delivery does not occur.
- All prices include VAT (where applicable) at the current rates. We reserve the right to express the price exclusive of VAT, but we shall show VAT separately and include it in the total price.
- Where we charge separately for packing, carriage and insurance and other relevant charges, the appropriate rates are set out in our specified pricing structure shown elsewhere on this Website.
- Our prices are reviewed periodically and the next review will be on 01/10/2014.
- Credit terms may be applied for and are at the discretion of Safe & Vault Company Ltd.
- For credit terms to be granted we may need to make a search using a credit reference agency. This external agency may keep a record of that search and may also share that information. Enquiries regarding directors may also be required.
- If credit terms are granted, our terms are strictly 14 days after delivery has been made.
- Should any invoices not be paid within this period we reserve the right to hold shipment of any other orders until full payment has been received.
- Should any invoices not be adhered to the terms noted in clause 4.3 Simply Safes reserves the right to charge interest in the amount due at Lloyds TSB Bank base rate plus 4 percent per calender month. Any interest will be calculated from the due date and we reserve the right to recover all additional expenses which we incur including but not exhaustive - legal fees and cost of collection.
Cancellation and Returns Policy
- If you wish to cancel your order:
- you can notify us by email to [email protected] before we have dispatched the goods to you; or
- where goods have already been dispatched to you, by returning goods to us in accordance with clause 6.2 below.
- You can return goods you have ordered from us for any reason at any time within 14 days of receipt for a full refund or exchange. The costs of returning goods to us shall be borne by you.
- Upon receipt of the goods we will give you a refund minus the cost of outgoing delivery charges and collection charges if they apply. If the delivery was free or included in the price, the delivery and collection cost will be approximately 10-15 percent of the total cost of the order, the amount will be advised to you.
- In order to receive a refund the product must be in as-new condition, with either original or suitable packaging and with all manuals and accessories.
- Please allow up to 28 days for refunds to be processed and credited to your account. We will always endeavour to do this sooner.
- The rights to return the goods to us as referred to in clause 6.2 will not apply in the following circumstances:
- in the event that the product has been used
- to any products that we have made or customised specifically for you
- The provisions of this clause 6.6 do not affect your statutory rights.
- Commercial and Public Sector customers have no automatic right of return without cause (e.g. later than estimated delivery or finding a cheaper alternative). In line with our standard terms and conditions, customers will of course be able to return any product which is missing, wrong or damaged following delivery and customers should notify Simply Safes within 48 hours in these circumstances, following which we will arrange repair or replacement of the relevant product.
- You are permitted to print and download extracts from this Website for your own use on the following basis:
- no documents or related graphics on this Website are modified in any way;
- no graphics on this Website are used separately from accompanying text; and
- any of our copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
- Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, any use of extracts from this Website other than in accordance with clause 7.1 above for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in these terms and conditions, your permission to use this Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this Website.
- Subject to clause 7.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
- While we endeavour to ensure that this Website is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
Visitor Material and Conduct
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience;
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
- We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of clauses 9.2 or 9.3.
Links to and from Other Websites
- Links to third party websites on this Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this Website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- You may not create any links to this Website.
- You shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage we or any of our group companies may suffer or incur as a result of your breach of clause 8.2.
- To register with www.simplysafes.co.uk you must be over eighteen years of age.
- Each registration is for a single user only. We do not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
- Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you and if you know or suspect that someone else knows your password, you should contact us immediately.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
- While we endeavour to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
- Product weights and measurements may vary during the manufacturer process and it is possible that the item you receive may be heavier or lighter than stated on our website. This does not affect the security of the product in anyway and is out of our control.
- The material on this Website is provided without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with this Website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation to this Website.
- We, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), and any of our group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
- You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the terms and conditions by you, or your use of this Website, or the use by any other person using your registration details.
Governing law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- We do not warrant that materials/items for sale on the Website are appropriate or available for use outside the United Kingdom. It is prohibited to access the Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful. If you access this Website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
- Only the parties to these terms and conditions may seek to enforce them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Simply Safes is committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to our website at www.simplysafes.co.uk. We do this in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the new impending GDPR rules.
- By registering or placing an order on this website, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
Information That we Collect from You
- When you visit, register or order products or services on www.simplysafes.co.uk you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, contact details, billing and shipping details and credit or debit card information.
Use of Your Information
- Your information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of our website and to supply the goods or services you have requested. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you where necessary concerning your orders. To fulfill the order or service we use outside shipping companies and installers these companies do not personally use your personal data for any other reason.
- Certain items we supply may be shipped directly from the manufacturers warehouse. In these instances we will provide the manufacturer with your shipping address and contact details so that delivery can be made. These companies do not personally use your personal data for any other reason.
- Simply Safes may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- We will not email you in the future unless you have given us consent. We will provide you the opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information used for this purpose when we ask you for this information.
- Where you have consented, we might use your information to let you know by email about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
- We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
- Any information we collect is not sold to any third parties.
- Order information is retained for seven years in accordance with our legal obligations to keep records for tax purposes.
- Enquiries made to our company by email or phone will be retained for a year after which will delete it.
- Web server information - we use a third party to host our website. The server automatically logs your IP address and other information such as date, time and pages accessed. This helps us to help identify and prevent unauthorised access to our network. This also helps us to be aware of cyber attacks.
- Google Analytics - when someone visits www.simplysafes.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- Realex Payments - when you place an order on our website or over the telephone and choose to pay by debit or credit card we will use Realex Payments to process your payment. Payment is not fully processed until your order is processed for dispatch. This is required to pay for goods or services that you order from us. Their privacy statement can be seen below:
- PayPal - when you place an order by our website and choose to pay using PayPal you will be directed to make payment on their website. This is required to pay for goods or services that you order from us. Their privacy statement can be seen below:
- When you use our live chat service, we automatically collect the following information: IP address, browser type and operating system.
- We may also collect your name, phone number, email address and any other information which you provide to us via the live chat service. This information is stored on their servers.
- Email Marketing - as part of the order process you can sign up for our e-newsletter, if you have purchased from us previously we may also send you our e-newsletter if you do not wish to receive it please unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the email. We do not rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
- We use a third-party provider, Send in Blue, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see below for their privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing us using the contact us form.
Disclosure of Your Information
- Safe & Vault Company Ltd reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
- Cookies are small text files, with ID tags that are stored on your device (computer / mobile / tablet) when visiting certain websites. Cookies keep track of your movements on the site to track whats in your shopping basket and provide functions to improve your shopping experience.
- To order products on our website you need cookies enabled. Internet cookies are common and will not cause any harm to your device. No personally identifiable information is stored within cookies; therefore we recommend you leave these switched on.
- Online ordering: Essential during online transactions, for example to remember what products you have put in your shopping basket as you navigate to different sections on the website. These cookies are strictly necessary for the operation of our website.
What Types of Cookies do we Use
- Session ID Cookies: Session cookies are created temporarily in your browsers subfolder while you are visiting our website. They allow the site to remember content from page to page, for example the shopping basket. This cookie expires when you leave the site or close the browser.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookie files remain in your browsers subfolder and are activated again once you visit the website that created that particular cookie.
- A persistent cookie remains in the browsers subfolder for the duration period set within the cookies file. They have a defined TTL or Time To Live and will expire after this time. To find out more about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Accepting and Deleting Cookies
- To order products on www.simplysafes.co.uk you need to have your cookies enabled. If you decline cookies you may lose some of the beneficial website functions of cookies. If you experience problems ordering due to cookies being turned off on your device please call to place an order on 0800 028 7059. To check if cookies are enabled on your device, please follow the steps below. Alternatively, view your browsers help pages or information on how to manage cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Click on Tools and then Internet Options
Select Privacy tab to view your settings
Move the slider to your preferred settings
Click on Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options
Select Privacy option
Check Accept Cookies from sites to enable cookies, uncheck to disable cookies.
Select Content Settings within Privacy
Select your own preferred settings;
Safari for Mac
Click on Safari, then select Preferences
Click Privacy to view Cookie preferences (Note: Safari blocks third-party cookies by default)
From the Home screen choose Settings > Safari
Under Privacy Select Accept Cookies to view if cookies are enabled
Open Browser>Menu>Setting>Privacy and Security
- We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website.
- Sensitive and private data exchange between our website and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our website is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for users.
- Our payment system is provided by HSBC providing additional security and peace of mind for our users.
- As you may know, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure. While we strive to use all commercially acceptable methods to protect your personal data, we can not guarantee its absolute security.
Accessing and Updating
- You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us at [email protected] We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to [email protected]